RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:25:44 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie and all,

  My response/remarks interspersed below.

-----Original Message-----

 Haiti doesn't have a democratically elected government.

>On a further note, many of us (probably most in this forum) have an option
>as to whether we spend our money going to ICANN meetings.  Questions like:
>is it worth the expense or is it not?  Do I want to spend my money on this
>or shall I have an extra holiday with my family? Can I afford the time?
>Etc.  Come into play.  For some the prospect of going to an ICANN meeting
>means spending 4 years (+) income!  Not really an option is it!
>http://www.cbuhaiti.org/about_haiti.htm

Yes there always is a option.  As a matter of fact, I spent
nearly 10years of my income on the property and the house
I live in.  So I am failing to see your point.  Can you
expand further?

>I, for one, applaud the initiative.  I wish there were more such. If there
>were no such initiative, no doubt, members of this forum would be beating
>ICANN around the head with a big stick demanding it!  Perhaps we could
>change the essence of this thread to how ICANN can improve their "Inclusion
>Initiatives" as opposed to griping about participants being "paid" to
>attend.

  I have no problem with ICANN paying financially challanged
individuals to attend.  I DO have a problem with those
whom ICANN pays to attend from "exotic lands" to be corporate
representatives or government officials of various sorts.  To
do so is one of the worst forms of nepotism.

>Regards
>
>Debbie Garside

   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact Number: 214-244-4827