RE: [ga] Domain is expiring within next 60 days , you CAN'T transfer

  • To: "Bashar Al-Abdulhadi" <bashar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Domain is expiring within next 60 days , you CAN'T transfer
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:20:44 -0400
  • Cc: "Paul Karkas" <pkarkas@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bashar,

I don't believe this is a transfer policy issue but rather dependent on the
Registrant Registration Agreement with the registrar, which can vary by
registrar.  I suggest checking the agreement terms related to expiration and
renewal in the relevant registrar agreement.  One option that could be used
in the case you describe is to renew it for one year and then transfer it;
your one year renewal would still continue with the new registrar, something
that the transfer policy does cover - note the following from the Transfer
Policy:

8. Effect on Term of Registration

The completion by Registry Operator of a holder-authorized transfer under
this Part A shall result in a one-year extension of the existing
registration, provided that in no event shall the total unexpired term of a
registration exceed ten (10) years.

Chuck Gomes

"This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and
destroy/delete the original transmission."

  _____