Re: [ga] Twomey and accreditation

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Twomey and accreditation
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:59:56 -0800
  • Cc: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny, Dr. Dierker, Paul and all,

 Two brief but seemingly glaring omissions in Mr. Twomey's
list here, the lack of mention of registrant's active
participation of reforming ICANN's "Accreditation"
for registrars and registries, and lack of mention of
a need for enforcement of and in any "Accreditation"
reform or new "Accreditation" requirements.

  Without these two considerations or elements, any
new "Accreditation" agreement will be far less
than effectual in protecting registrants, and milk toast
as to holding registries and registrars to a standard
of excellence or reasonable value of service.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Eric, I agree that subject lines (threads) should
> serve as an organizational structure and could in fact
> follow the outline that Paul put forth:
>
> (1) Purpose of Register Accreditation Policy and
> Agreement
> (2) Rating of Registrars
> (3) Affiliated Registrars / Group ownership
> (4) Additional compliance enforcement tools
> (5) Transfer policy
> (6) Registrar operator skill testing
> (7) Accreditation by purchase
> (8) Proxy registrations
> (9) Reseller liability under RAA
> (10) Registrar data escrow
> (11) Clarification of ICANN's responsibilities and the
> options available to registrants
>
> In addition to this approach, I would recommend a
> parallel effort to actually draft replacement RAA
> language.
>
> Best regards,
> Danny

> Finding fabulous fares is fun.
> Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827