Re: [ga] Twomey and accreditation

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Twomey and accreditation
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was thinking exactly the same thing. And I see no valid reason not to start up after we kick it around for a few days and get some "me toos" and volunteering. We may do well beating the lumbering bureaucracy out of the starting blocks. I also want to be damn sure we are inclusive of Registrars, I know they have plenty of representation elswhere, but here it would truly be interactive.

  I suppose I should back off a little now and let it take its natural GA course.

  Eric

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Eric, I agree that subject lines (threads) should
serve as an organizational structure and could in fact
follow the outline that Paul put forth:

(1) Purpose of Register Accreditation Policy and
Agreement
(2) Rating of Registrars
(3) Affiliated Registrars / Group ownership
(4) Additional compliance enforcement tools
(5) Transfer policy
(6) Registrar operator skill testing
(7) Accreditation by purchase
(8) Proxy registrations
(9) Reseller liability under RAA
(10) Registrar data escrow
(11) Clarification of ICANN's responsibilities and the
options available to registrants

In addition to this approach, I would recommend a
parallel effort to actually draft replacement RAA
language.

Best regards,
Danny

Finding fabulous fares is fun.