[ga] Whois

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Whois
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interesting AP article. http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/technology/16941179.htm
  If you believe it, you would think some privacy rights have prevailed against the sabers of the IP groups. I especially like the several months to years to implement, and after the task force another task force on how to implement.

  I think in the future we would do well to keep an eye out and actually do our best to mirror these task forces and come up with simultaneous position papers. Along with this get our own ombudsman to get our papers to such folks as the AP wire. And then another ombudsman for GAC and any other appropriate governmental organizations and then another for NGO's.

  If we position ourselves on high ground and just utilize the enormous human talent which makes up the GA we can create an organization with self fulfilling respect that is looked to institutionally as a brain trust in support of users. And I mean all users. Although I still believe the majority actively involved here would be considered registrants. It will be in the manner of aggresiveness and restraint that that majority will establish it's own credibility both here and on the outside.

  I hope for steady and solid growth rather than any revolutionary action, which in the long term will hurt the user.

  Eric

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.