Re: [ga] Notification of Self Organization

At 15:58 19/03/2007, Joe Baptista wrote:
I doubt that very much. The GAs job in accordance with ICANN intention is to fail. The GA has failed from the beggining when I first got involved. Which leads me to make this observation - failure in the GA is tradition.

Dear old friends, I don't think this is necessary.

It only shows the difficulty of an Internet Governance Forum influenced by ICANN and not meeting f2f from time to time. One of the reasons why this cannot work is because it would create a cross constituency competitor to the CNSO, and this is not conceivable along the bylaws. However, as I suggested, should the current effort lead to a credible Registrant Constituency being initially housed by the GA as a inter-constituency common forum, I think it could work. Joop has for a long tried to build it externaly for it join further on. Building it from inside has never been tried. Yet, this calls for the current effort to clearly identify itself as a Registrant Constituency under Preparation, cooperating with ALAC not competing with it, and speaking with ICANN, not only barking at it. This could be a good thing to discuss it with Kieren;
jfc