[ga] GoDaddy Bobbles DST Changeover? GoDaddy double talk again?

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] GoDaddy Bobbles DST Changeover? GoDaddy double talk again?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:05:22 -0800
  • Cc: Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "John M.R. Kneuer" <jkneuer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paula Bruening <pbruening@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim and all,

  Well Tim, can you explain this mess/double talk?

  See: http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129718/article.html
and

http://www.opednews.com/articles/genera_rev__bil_070311_as_of_this_moment_2c_i.htm

"Several registrants alerted us to this piece in PC World reporting on
concerns that GoDaddy might not be ready for the DST changeover. Some
readers, and others, claimed that GoDaddy's servers are not reachable
now and are not serving email or web sites; but others see no evidence
of
this. The article recounts the rather flip response one GoDaddy customer

got from their tech support: "As Daylight Savings [sic] does not apply
our servers, since we are on Arizona Time and our time zone does not
change, our servers wouldn't update." When IDG News Service contacted
GoDaddy they got an altogether more sensible reply."

   Abraham Lincoln

IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827