Re: [ga] Vote on representation first

At 12:53 p.m. 31/01/2007, George Kirikos wrote:
Hello,

--- Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok as long as people can come along after the fact and say this
> stunk, let us do it over?

Let me go on the record ex-ante that this whole "vote" is an exercise
in mental masturbation, and doesn't amount to anything constructive.

Probably right. Ditto for the "at large participation" in ICANN . That is what you get when people are excluded from the structure and powerless.

ICANN has a structure -- work within that (or work to change the
structure itself). The GA at present is merely an open cross
constituency mailing list, a place for bringing out issues for
discussion that can sometimes lead to awareness and action within the
relevant GNSO constituencies, despite all the trolls. No GA "vote" by
some self-selected subset will bind anyone to listen to its so-called
"elected representatives".

Correct.

 Indeed, we have that already, it's called
the GNSO Council.

I cannot elect anyone on the GNSO council to represent me or other "at large" stakeholders.

Anyway, are you not interested in what this particular subset wants?
Don't you want to be part of the subset if it can get more organized?

-joop-