Re: [ga] Whois more in detail

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Whois more in detail
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:13:02 -0800
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dominik and all,

  Some questions needing answers and incorporation into any
Whois policy might and/or should be:

  How is any model going to be enforced?  Whom is responsible for
enforcement?  What are the means by which enforcement is effected?
What, if any are the penalties for infractions/multiple infractions?  To
whom and how are infractions reported?

  It is and has been clear that ICANN cannot or will not enforce
upon itself it's own bylaws, ect.  It is also clear that Registries cannot
or will not follow and comply with their own contracts and/or policies.
It is also very clear that registrars cannot or will not follow and comply
with their own contracts and/or policies.

So whom or what is to be the Whois enforcement entity?
Do we have another of many Chickens and eggs?

Dominik Filipp wrote:

> Absolutely, Chris. In my opinion, reporting whois-noncompliant links is
> an essential part of the whois policy. This question will come forth
> anyway regardless of the whois model eventually chosen.
>
> Dominik

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827