Re: [ga] The Future of Domain Registry Pricing, if left uncapped

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] The Future of Domain Registry Pricing, if left uncapped
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:55:58 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay, what is to stop you from adopting a method similar to dot tv?

What about the ability to price hike existing clients who cannot afford to
waste the marketing dollars, time, and effort it took to build traffic to
the website so would have no choice but to pay up or get a new domain name
elsewhere?

I'm not saying you plan to do any of this, but contracts are not usually
written with a "trust us, we won't do you wrong" clause. Usually you do take
the hypothetical into account with contracts. That is pretty much why there
are contracts. So it is entirely appropriate to speculate what could happen
if it is not clarified more.

Chris McElroy aka NameCritic
http://icann.thingsthatjustpissmeoff.com