Re: [ga] no problem with www.nukeisrael.com

  • To: Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] no problem with www.nukeisrael.com
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:00:10 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One would be amazed at how many violative sites which our communist trading partners allow to continue. Sometimes to show the world thier "tolerance". Sometimes because the overseer gets a cut. Sometimes because the person charged with identifying is somehow sympathethic. Most normally because they are overwhelmed and just do not catch it. Often they are decoys meant to lure the unknowing duck.

  In this matter i would guess the Mossad has no intention of requesting the CA gov to enforce thier rules. Why hasn't the JDF or antidefamation league gone on the offennsive? Anti-terrorism and/or basic law enforcement, I am sure would to know if this is North America based or Iranian.

Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Imagine this same article, but now replace the
domain names and organizations with Chinese
dissident organizations. I don't know what is
actually said on these sites, nor what is said on
the sites of Chinese dissidents, but I do know
that it is *not* Tucows' job to be moral police
or viiglantes. If the Canadian gov wants to shut
them down, then indeed the Canadian government
should do so (if its laws so dictate). But then
they should shut down the *organizations,* not just their websites.

At 04:16 PM 3/10/2006, Danny Younger wrote:
>For your consideration:
>
>http://www.judeoscope.ca/breve.php3?id_breve=0959
> From the Internet Haganah:
>
>Tucows: Nuke Israel? No problem.
>
>When presented with Tucows involvement in maintaining
>the domain name nukeisrael.com, a Tucows/OpenSRS
>Compliance Officer responded on behalf of the company
>as follows:
>
>Under what authorization would I be shutting down the
>name?
>
>What *exactly* is wrong with the *domain name* and
>where is it written (in our accreditation with ICANN)
>that I have the authority to be the ?moral custodian
>of the internet?
>
>We realize the following news may come as a shock to
>Tucows and it?s employees, but they do not live on
>Planet ICANN. They live on Earth, in a country called
>Canada, where a state of affairs prevails that is
>commonly known as The Rule of Law?.
>
>In the hope of clearing up the confusion regarding
>
>? "under what authorization?"
>
>? "what *exactly* is wrong?"
>
>and
>
>? "where is it written?"
>
>we refer one and all to Sections 318 and 319 of the
>Criminal Code of Canada which make it a criminal
>offence to:
>
>advocate genocide _ publicly incite hatred _ wilfully
>promote hatred
>
>against an "identifiable group."
>
>An identifiable group is defined as any section of the
>public distinguished by:
>
>colour _ race _ religion _ ethnic origin
>
>The domain name nukeisrael.com clearly advocates
>genocide and wilfully promotes hatred to the point
>that genocide is presented as a viable option.
>
>Israelis, being mostly Jews, constitute an
>"identifiable group" by race and/or religion and/or
>ethnic origin.
>
>Three out of four is pretty good when only one is
>required.
>
>We present the complete Criminal Code references at
>the end of this article.
>
>Regarding nukeisrael.com we?d say there is not much
>left but for the RCMP to deliver the news to Tucows in
>person. However, the above doesn?t even begin to
>address the various jihadist, Islamic extremist and
>terrorist organization domains that Tucows profits
>from by providing them with vital services.
>
>A review of our database of jihadist and terrorist
>organization websites finds the following domains
>maintained currently by Tucows. A few of the domains
>may not be associated with active websites at this
>time:
>
>Domain Name: kavkazcenter.com
>Orientation: Kavkaz/Chechen Jihadist
>
>Domain Name: fateh.org
>Orientation: Fatah-Tanzim-Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
>
>Domain Name: palvoice.com
>Orientation: Fatah-Tanzim-Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
>
>Domain Name: ikhwan.net
>Orientation: Muslim Brotherhood
>
>Domain Name: www.alwatanvoice.com
>Orientation: Fatah-Tanzim-Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
>
>Domain Name: jamaaway.org
> [...]

Esther Dyson Always make new mistakes!
Editor, Release 1.0

CNET Networks
20th floor - last elevator
104 Fifth Avenue (at 16th Street)
New York, NY 10011 USA

+1 (212) 924-8800

NOTE: Carlsbad is the new Scottsdale!
PC Forum in CARLSBAD, California, March 12 to 14:
http://www.release1-0.com/pcforum/
Flight School, Aspen, June 15-16
current status (with pictures!) at http://www.flickr.com/photos/edyson/
book: Release 2.0 (Broadway Books)