Re: [ga] On the topic of "Rounds"

  • To: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] On the topic of "Rounds"
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:28:09 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Chris,

Good question.  There is no pressing need for
"either/or".  You are correct.  It is quite possible
to have a round that includes sponsored TLDs and
unsponsored TLDs and IDNs -- although it will mean a
lot more work for ICANN Staff (as at the very least
there will be different sets of selection criteria
involved).

I see some urgency, however, in making sure that IDNs
are included in the next rollout although I would
prefer that such a process be managed by the ccNSO
instead of by way of GNSO policy considerations.