Re: [ga] Karl's comments at the 2003 Senate hearings on allocation systems

  • To: Gene Marsh <marshm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Karl's comments at the 2003 Senate hearings on allocation systems
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:04:45 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GNSO/DNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gene and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Exactly right also Gene!  I would assume that DOC/NTIA would
defer that decision to ICANN.  If that is true, than we are back
to how such a decision is made.  Given the skewed structure
of ICANN today, it would also be a good question to ask:
What constitutes "Effective" as it relates to section F?  I would
have to say that due to the broad wording of section F, "Effective"
is a moving and changing target.