Re: [ga] DOT DANNY -- It's the problem?

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Danny Younger wrote:

You probably also recall the comment of a U.S. Congressman who stated that ICANN's TLD selection process was "more shrouded in mystery than events at the Vatican".

Actually it was me. During one of the debates during the election for the ICANN board, in particular the debate at Harvard, I said that we know more about how the college of cardinals selects a Pope than we do about how ICANN makes its decisions. It was fun watching Jon Zittrain stop in his tracks. ;-)

The phrase was eventually picked up by Representative Markey (D Mass.)

And you know - Even today, more than 5 years later, we still know more about how the College of Cardinals selects a Pope than we do about how ICANN makes its decisions.

		--karl--