Re: [ga] Karl's comments at the 2003 Senate hearings on allocation systems

Chris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

>From my and our members perspective, if a registry fails or is about
to fail, ICANN itself should take over the operation if they are indeed
so worried and concerned about the registrants registrations.  However
as ICANN doesn't have the ability to do this or may not ever have,
than letting the chips fall where they may, as Karl has suggested is
the only remaining alternative.  So I cannot see arguing over determining
a policy that cannot be implemented or informed for registry failure.

I am fairly sure the ICANN Bod and staffs thoughts are along the
lines that Verisign with their vast experience in running a registry,
would be called in to take over temporarily for any failing
of failed registry operator.  As ICANN now has kissed and made
up with Verisign, this would seem logical, but time changes everything,
and such a subcontracted plan would be subject to many unforeseen
problems..

kidsearch wrote:

> I agree danny. a policy for when, not if, a registry fails, is necessary.
> But reviews of business plans beforehand are not and are an invasion of
> privacy.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827