[ga] Revised PDP Deadline

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Revised PDP Deadline
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:29:51 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>From Avri Doria to the cpsr governance list:

"the GNSO council just decided to extend the deadline
further until the end of January to allow for more
extensive commenting.  they will be putting out a call
for paper contributions on the substantive issues.
There will also be some on line consultations (form to
be decided yet) on these issue papers.  formal
announcement etc should be out in the next days."

Note from Danny:

The deadline extension was requested by Marilyn Cade
who wrote:

"1) Given that we are losing about two weeks due to
holiday, I
propose that Council formally announce an extension in
the initial comment process to extend it to the end of
January. This would give more time to the Constituency
statements, and also allow the following process to
take place for more input into the policy development
process.
	2) I propose that Council direct the staff director,
Olof Nordling, to manage a process on behalf of
Council that would be structured consultation and
input into the process.
All of our constituencies and the broader community
could undoubtedly benefit from the opportunity to hear
from experts, rather than just gather opinions or make
statements.
        Again, I am proposing that we also recognize
that the PDP time frames do not work, especially
taking into account the holiday period and we formally
extend the time frame now for the preparation of the
initial submission of information to the Staff
Manager.

I would choose to argue with Marilyn that PDP time
frames do work just fine if you're inclined to
actually get some work done.

I thank the members of the GA for having adhered to
the Board-established timeline without any qualms.