Re: [ga] Equity Enhancing gTLD Auctions

The most equitabe solution is the 'first come first served' registration
process PERIOD.  Sunrise periods and related approaches are flawed because
they assume inter alia abuse and trademark violation if a domain name is
registered by someone other than a current or preceeding trademark holder.
 Of course, this is ludicrous and reminds me of the relatively recent film
"Minority Report" where crimes are thwarted by a group of mutants who have
the ability to 'see' the future and 'criminals' are apprehended BEFORE
they actually commit their crime and they are charged according to
probable INTENT as opposed to actual criminal actions.  So it is with
trademark law and domain names; the fact is, trademark law is intended to
protect a specific word mark for a specific service or product and NOT to
preclude use of a specific word for a different and unrelated service or
product.  The current udrp is flawed and ought to be entirely re-vamped
along with a scrapping of such things as "sunrise" periods as they are at
bottom inequitable.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos