[ga] Who should endorse the ALAC committee members?

  • To: "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Who should endorse the ALAC committee members?
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 23:03:48 -0000
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just listening to the Public Forum at the Vancouver meeting and Vittorio has just spoken. He explained that ALAc was created to "promote the involvement of Internet Users". I respectfully believe that ALAC has failed in that objective.

Then he went on to say that the original committee members who had been endorsed and selected by the ICANN Board would "need to go back to the Board to seek re-endorsement".

My question is: shouldn't it be Individual Users who choose and endorse their representatives, not the ICANN Board?

Doesn't this sum up the 'top down' rather than 'bottom up' nature of the ALAC initiative?

Yrs,

Richard Henderson