Re: [ga] The ALAC has a new website

Allow me to add a few technical comments on their site, plus one legal
remark:

1. The 'webmaster' for icannalac.org is obviously not well-versed in CSS,
nor in the use of the opensource Mambo CMS the site is built with; so much
for 'technical expertise'... but even more disturbing:

2. The new ALAC site (icannalac.org) is in violation of the GNU GPL terms
of use for the Mambo CMS. On the Mambo CMS site it is explicitly stated
that "You may NOT alter the license and you must NOT alter the copyright."
(See:
http://help.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=62)
The icannalac.org site is in clear violation of this condition, the ALAC
'webmaster' removed the copyright notice from the footer which ought to
read: " Miro International Pty Ltd. © 2000 - 2005 All rights reserved.
Mambo is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License." This is
actually a fraud, just like the entire ALAC itself (i.e. trying to pass
itself off as legitimate and distinct).

So, we know that the ALAC is lacking technical proficiency and...
scruples.  What more needs be said?  Shame!

Sotiris Sotiropoulos