Re: [ga] A note to Vittorio

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A note to Vittorio
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 03:39:57 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, WGIG <wgig@xxxxxxx>, wsis <alt.wsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am too tired after my exhausted search here, but I have concluded that it may be better to leave these incompetence in place so that we may all sleep better knowing nothing will be done. The way it is, does little harm but if they were to do something it may cause harm.  So we get up each day to accomplish nothing and in doing so we accomplish much. Let those who do, keep doing, for it is a far better truth than the result of doing something. (Dang I can only attribute that quote to me.) Stay out of our lives by being incompetent. And our lives will continue to do well.

Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Well we already know Vittorio's back biting gamesmanship which is well

documented on the archives of the IDNO and Icannatlarge.com/org web
sites. He is now, and was than not an appropriate person for any
leadership
position. He should indeed resign. I am surprised the WGIG would have
considered Vittorio for such a leadership position either.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Dear Vittorio,
>
> I would like to have the opportunity to reply to the comments posted
> on your blog:
>
> "we even received an application by danny younger, the former general
> assembly chair who is now calling for the disbandment of the entire
> committee...
> internet people such as danny are ready to complain loud if you don't
> provide them with a real-time irc interface to your meetings and a
> skype connection to dial up and participate, and any process taking
> more than two months to conclude and not being punctuated with
> shouting matches and harsh public statements is easily considered to
> be shallow and pointless - if not a bad-faith fig leaf exercise
> (online people love plots)...
> internet people like myself have started to understand that just by
> shouting, flaming on mailing lists, starting up mass email campaigns
> and getting a thousand people sign up on a random website you rarely
> get anywhere." http://hackun.bertola.eu.org/
>
> First of all, please note that I asked for your resignations because
> in my view your collective performance over the course of the last two
> years has not served the needs or expectations of the at-large
> community -- I did not ask for the committee to be disbanded; rather,
> I asked all of you to step aside (resign) so that others might replace
> you.
>
> Secondly, I requested transparency. I have not demanded irc or skype,
> only that minutes be posted and/or mp3 recordings provided (as has
> long been the practice within the GNSO).
>
> Third, I take issue with the disparagement of the icannatlarge effort
> that did indeed rapidly gain over one thousand members (most of whom
> you already knew through their prior General Asembly affiliation).
>
> You, Vittorio, were the chief architect of the At Large Organizing
> Committee (ALOC) submission to the Board. By your own deliberate
> design you denied established international organizations such as
> icannatlarge the right to be fully integrated into the ICANN process
> -- you were only prepared to accept yet-to-be-built regional groups
> (RALOS) as part of your ALAC construct -- neither individuals, nor
> international bodies fit neatly into the boxes you had drawn.
>
> You who once served as chair of icannatlarge turned your back on your
> fellow at-large members. There is no kind way of saying this -- you
> betrayed them to pursue your own initative which had no community
> support and which thus far has failed miserably.
>
> At least icannatlarge obtained a thousand members within a matter of
> months... what do you have to show for your efforts after more than
> two years?
>
> I would recommend that you take some time and consider the remarks
> made to you by Wolfgang Kleinwachter -- it is time for you as chair of
> the ALAC to recommend bylaws revisions to the Board.
>
> You have my best wishes,
>
> Danny Younger

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!