Re: [ga] .us Policy Council

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .us Policy Council
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:08:52 -0800
  • Cc: mike@xxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeff Neuman <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny, Mike, and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Danny's questions are very good one, although very bluntly couched.
Yet they deserve a direct answer to each.  However I for one don't
expect one anytime soon.

  I have a few more questions that may complement Danny's.

1.) As .US is a public resource under a management contract to Nuestar
for
     the USG, when will your policy council meetings be open to the
public?

2.) If the said policy council meetings are not going to be open to the
     public without restriction, will they be open to the registrants?
If not
     not, why not?  If so when?

3.) Mike, as you are actively seeking reelection to the ICANN BoD yet
again,
     and have been serving on a registries policy council, do you
believe there
     is a potential conflict of interest?  If now, would you be so kind
as to
     tell us why there is not?  If so, and  you are reelected to the
ICANN
     BoD, will you be resigning from Nuestars policy council or remain
     squatting on that policy council?

Danny Younger wrote:

>    Mike,
>
> You are a member of the .us Policy Council.  According to the Neustar
> website, the last posted minutes of a .usTLD Policy Council Meeting
> date back to January 9, 2003.  Accordingly, I have the following
> questions that perhaps you might be inclined to answer...
>
> 1.  Has the .usTLD Policy Council met in the course of the last two
> years?
> 2.  If it has met, why aren't the minutes posted?
> 3.  If it hasn't met, why is the Council ignoring its
> responsibilities?
> 4.  What was the position of the Council and/or your position
> regarding proxy registrations?  When the DOC initiated its review,
> what commentary did you and other council members provide?  Do you
> approve of the DOC decision to ban proxy registrations in the .us
> domain?
> 5.  You have now been a .us Policy Council member for three years; the
> term of office for Council members was established in the Charter as
> one year.  How is it that you have remained in office this long
> without a vote being held to elect successor advisors?
> 6.  Can you explain the lack of democratic process and the reasons for
> a seeming lack of transparency in the .us Policy Council?
> 7.  Do you support the democratic process, or do you intend to squat
> on the Policy Council indefinately?
> 8.  Do you support full transparency, and if so, what actions will you
> take to ensure that both the .us Policy Council and the ICANN Board
> acts to post the minutes of their meetings?

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827