Re: [ga] WGIG - Lack of openess and transparency and other concerns

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] WGIG - Lack of openess and transparency and other concerns
  • From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 12:12:59 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WSIS Clears Financing Issue: http://atlarge.ca/icann/?p=9

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

Hugh Dierker wrote:

Jeff,
You must have a secretary someplace hidden. ;-}
This suggestion and the way in which it is written is poetic.
Ok there are some mistypings hihi but that only verifies that it is you.
The Internet is no different than face to face if one has only the slightest attempt to be open and transparent. Of course the lack of openness and transparency creates an understanding amoung us trained folk that the authors and creators are a farce. I forget the Greek playwrites name but Shakespeare renewed the truth that "a mask only hides the face" We know what you are by your actions. And words are powerful actions. Perhaps the ALAC should understand this notion.
Eric
ps note I have disabled my spell check so that anyone who knows me knows it is me that writes them and not some machine.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    All stakeholders/users,

    As the spokesman for a number of stakeholders/users I am occasionally
    required to address issues that are of a concern and knowledge of
    our members. One such concern that I have been receiving considerable
    input from and about is the WGIG process, or lack there of as well
    as it's troubling choices made in all stakeholders names without their
    consent or open and transparent participation.

    The web site for WGIG has no forum list by which individuals cana
    actively and independently participate and no individual membership
    open to any and all spakeholders as individuals. The WGIG is a
    organization that is comprised of Groups" that may or may not
    accurately and/or adequately represent aa broad spectrum of
    stakeholders/users and does not provide for independent and
    individual stakeholder/users, which comprises approximitally
    70% or all stakeholders/users world wide according to a number
    of recent surveys and certainly does not represent any of our
    members directly as individuals or our organization as whole.

    We are of the opinion according to a recent vote taken from
    our members, that the WGIG is less than effective in it's efforts
    to be an internet governance organization that can claim representation
    of any significant number of stakeholders/users. As such, it is in our
    members opinion as well as a number or other open and transparent
    groups we from time to time affiliate and cooperate with that the WGIG
    sense it's conception is far less than open and transparent as we have
    also seen the ICANN ALAC to be.

    Therefore we propose and hope that effective in a very short time
    the WGIG will open it's membership to any and all interested
    independent parties/stakeholders/users. Further we propose that
    the WGIG provide for all discussi! ons and deliberations in an
    open Email forum where anyone may actively if they choose,
    participate unrestricted and non-censored. We hope and will
    continue to push for this proposal until the WGIG is truly
    an open and transparent stakeholder/user organization.

    Thank you for your kind consideration and cooperation
    in advance.

    Pierre Abelard

    United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
    IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.! INEG. INC.
    E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Registered Email addr with the USPS
    Contact Number: 214-244-4827

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web <http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/>

--
This email includes a valid digital signature which positively distinguishes the sender and serves to ensure that the message has not been altered since it was sent. For more information on having your identity validated for use in your own Personal Certificate visit the THAWTE Web of Trust (WOT): https://www.thawte.com/wot/index.html

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.
begin:vcard
fn:Sotiris Sotiropoulos
n:Sotiropoulos;Sotiris
email;internet:sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx