Re: [ga] WGIG - Lack of openess and transparency and other concerns

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, WGIG <wgig@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] WGIG - Lack of openess and transparency and other concerns
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:56:14 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: "Alejandro Pisanty, DGSCA y FQ, UNAM" <apisan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, wsis <alt.wsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ALAC <committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff,

You must have a secretary someplace hidden. ;-}
This suggestion and the way in which it is written is poetic.
Ok there are some mistypings hihi but that only verifies that it is you.

The Internet is no different than face to face if one has only the slightest attempt to be open and transparent.  Of course the lack of openness and transparency creates an understanding amoung us trained folk that the authors and creators are a farce. I forget the Greek playwrites name but Shakespeare renewed the truth that "a mask only hides the face" We know what you are by your actions. And words are powerful actions. Perhaps the ALAC should understand this notion.

Eric

ps note I have disabled my spell check so that anyone who knows me knows it is me that writes them and not some machine.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All stakeholders/users,

As the spokesman for a number of stakeholders/users I am occasionally
required to address issues that are of a concern and knowledge of
our members. One such concern that I have been receiving considerable
input from and about is the WGIG process, or lack there of as well
as it's troubling choices made in all stakeholders names without their
consent or open and transparent participation.

The web site for WGIG has no forum list by which individuals cana
actively and independently participate and no individual membership
open to any and all spakeholders as individuals. The WGIG is a
organization that is comprised of Groups" that may or may not
accurately and/or adequately represent aa broad spectrum of
stakeholders/users and does not provide for independent and
individual stakeholder/users, which comprises approximitally
70% or all stakeholders/users world wide according to a number
of recent surveys and certainly does not represent any of our
members directly as individuals or our organization as whole.

We are of the opinion according to a recent vote taken from
our members, that the WGIG is less than effective in it's efforts
to be an internet governance organization that can claim representation
of any significant number of stakeholders/users. As such, it is in our
members opinion as well as a number or other open and transparent
groups we from time to time affiliate and cooperate with that the WGIG
sense it's conception is far less than open and transparent as we have
also seen the ICANN ALAC to be.

Therefore we propose and hope that effective in a very short time
the WGIG will open it's membership to any and all interested
independent parties/stakeholders/users. Further we propose that
the WGIG provide for all discussions and deliberations in an
open Email forum where anyone may actively if they choose,
participate unrestricted and non-censored. We hope and will
continue to push for this proposal until the WGIG is truly
an open and transparent stakeholder/user organization.

Thank you for your kind consideration and cooperation
in advance.

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!