Re: [ga] FYI: At-Large Structure Application

  • Subject: Re: [ga] FYI: At-Large Structure Application
  • From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:55:01 -0500
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny Younger wrote:

As I see no reason why individuals can't be designated as At-Large structures, I have tendered an application to the ALAC:

Danny,

Yup. Seems everything's in order. After all, the At-Large Structure Applications and Certification Process web page http://alac.icann.org/applications/ states quite clearly:

"People throughout the world who want to be involved in issues that affect individuals' use of the Internet's domain name system (DNS) are encouraged to seek "At-Large Structure" designation and participate in ICANN."

What could be plainer than that?  Well, there's more:

"Steps for "At-Large Structure" Certification:

1. A group reviews the criteria for an At-Large Structure (ALS) and (if it believes it meets the criteria) completes and submits an ALS application.
2. The ALAC sends the group (applicant) an email confirming the application was received.
3. The ALAC conducts due diligence, checking the application and available information and performing necessary tasks in an effort to ensure that the criteria has been, or will be, met.
4. The ALAC reviews the application and related documentation.
5. The ALAC votes on certifying the applicant as an "At-Large Structure."
6. The ALAC notifies the applicant of its decision and posts ALS notices on its website.
7. The applicant (At-Large Structure) receives materials and support for information sharing and ICANN involvement."

As a fellow (soon to be) At-Large Structure applicant, I completely support your group's suitability and eligibility.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

--
This email includes a valid digital signature which positively distinguishes the sender and serves to ensure that the message has not been altered since it was sent. For more information on having your identity validated for use in your own Personal Certificate visit the THAWTE Web of Trust (WOT): https://www.thawte.com/wot/index.html

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.
begin:vcard
fn:Sotiris Sotiropoulos
n:Sotiropoulos;Sotiris
email;internet:sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx