[ga] Form of Representation

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Form of Representation
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:37:28 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After deciding that votation is the right floatation to keep the sinking user upright, one still has to decide how he is too be represented. Clearly if there is the smallest chance of a Springer mentality surfacing a direct democracy is out of the question. Lest I missed something a monarchy is out of the equation. While it is the longest lasting system in the world of "Democracies" it would appear that electoral college concepts are out of the question. Politburo concepts are dropping like flies around the world and there seems to be a reason so they are out of the equation. Council governance like those of tribes are good but the stigma attached make them a poor choice.
So far, if the GA was any good indication electing a person and saying "go at it and do our will" just did not work. The representatives, once elected followed their own agendas, be they good or bad is not at issue.
Funny but the best results I have seen are from voluntary working groups. And I do not mean appointed working groups which have had vile and dilatory results.

What is the best form of representation for the users of the internet?

Eric