Re: [ga] Interesting Times

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Interesting Times
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:11:17 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In reading Richards' posting here I felt an easy confidence that qualifications and a stakeholders standing to take part is in direct proportion to their interest. It is a natural progression.  But if I were a topside croney I would also feel a confidence in lack of recognizable communities. I also see a stark fact that the people he references are our independent and individual solution seekers - ie not ones to look to a group to solve their problems, much less another as their leader.
I was just about to conclude that the reason there is no rallying cry and no one person that surfaces as a leader amoung the disenfranchised is because of inflated egos and only leaders that are concerned and not followers, clearly then no one could lead. But just possibly it is more centered on the fact of rugged individualism in a type of frontier. Much like so many colonies or the early churches of the Christian movement or the Australians.

I see no fault in the concept of 'keep the questions coming' but at some point it would seem that parallel or alternative organizations would form and ready themselves to replace or usurp the status quo. Just what will the prophets say is required for this convergence to occur. Someone told me that while donative funding has dried up for ICANN there are great sources available for appropriate alternatives.

Eric