Re: [ga] Re: Interesting Times

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Interesting Times
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:40:59 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Bravo Danny!  You get a biscuit!  Thomas Paine is and has sense as far

back as I can remember, been one of my mentors.
  However I find it more than a little odd you should be considering
Thomas Paine in your remarks in answering Eric's very good question,
as you have not in my memory seemed in any way akin to his
thinking...

Danny Younger wrote:

>   Eric asks:  "why do you think it is important they have a voice?"
>
> Eric,
>
> There was a man who was laid to rest in a corner of his small farm in
> New Rochelle not far from where I live.  He died in poor health and
> poverty as an alcoholic and as an outcast.  He never established a
> political society or organization and was not responsible for a single
> reforming measure even though he was elected to public office.  But
> this man will not be forgotten -- he authored the pamphlet, "Common
> Sense"; he wrote "The Rights of Man" as well as "The Age of Reason" --
> he was Thomas Paine.
>
> Paine taught us that each age of man has the right to establish a
> political system which satisfies its needs.  Our Internet Age also
> requires a system that will satisfy our needs.  There are times when
> society requires a firebrand, a Thomas Paine, to point out that which
> we all know, but often fail to vocalize.  We have our firebrands in
> the WSIS process, in the blogs and in the civil society leadership.
> Why is it important they have a voice?... so that common sense and
> rights are brought to the forefront of a new revolution, a revolution
> that is calling for transparency and democracy in the management of
> the Internet.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS