Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:04:30 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

--- Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As a matter of record, I wish to make a point of this particular
> argument, and to let it stand in the archive of this body..,

I'll go on record too, that .mobi and .jobs (and .travel) all suck, and
won't go anywhere. They'll pollute the namespace.

The only application that I found appealing and compelling at present
was .post.

.tel has potential as a TLD, but I think there's no consensus yet on
who should run it. .tel could become more popular than .com, in terms
of number of registrations (not measured by DNS activity, though, in
terms of routing traffic, etc), but ideally would cost very little, so
that the benefits flow to consumers.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/