Re: [ga] .jobs and .mobi?

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .jobs and .mobi?
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:22:42 +1300
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 03:55 a.m. 15/12/2004, you wrote:
I think both .jobs and .mobi are going to be even worse wash-outs than .biz and .info.

I'm with Tim Berners-Lee: http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1595457,00.asp

Tim sees the creation of an access portal for mobile content as a better solution than .mobi TLD's.

I must say the logic behind that escapes me.

The portal business is advertising driven. Is it really to the public benefit to push mobile content access via a confusion of competing portals loaded with advertising?

-joop-