Re: [ga] .jobs and .mobi?

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .jobs and .mobi?
  • From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:48:41 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 15:55 14/12/2004, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
I think both .jobs and .mobi are going to be even worse wash-outs than ..biz and .info.

I understand .jobs as ICANN people will have to look for a position soon enough with that kind of poor management. The idea is simple if you lose your .biz you can get a .jobs.

Now, some say .mobi stands for "mobile" what would be an absurd move to confuse the telephone industry. No, ".mobi" stands for "mob incorporated or international". So I went and look at a dictionnary to check, mob: 1. a disorderly crowd of people [syn: rabble, rout] 2: a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities [syn: syndicate, crime syndicate, family] 3: an association of criminals; "police tried to break up the gang"; "a pack of thieves" [syn: gang, pack, ring] v : press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium" [syn: throng, pack, pile, jam].

This is the ICANN contribution to the anti-criminal/terrorist warfare: to sell them a crime oriented TLD to help tracking them. This is a real great idea!
jfc