Re: [ga] Alac forum messages missing, GA-list archives missing, Registrars list archives missing

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Alac forum messages missing, GA-list archives missing, Registrars list archives missing
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:46:17 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, Dan halloran <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Waiting to see if the archives for the GNSO/DNSO forum will be
restored after nearly 6 months, is akin to waiting for answers to ICANN
BoD members such as Dan Holloran.  Ergo, don't hold your breath
Richard!

  Not having archives is also in disagreement with GAO recommendations
which I guess ICANN is not interested or willing to comply with.

 Openness and transparency are not served effectively if archives for
public review are not made available and up to date..

Richard Henderson wrote:

> Correct - no messages have been posted at any of the ALAC forums for over
> 140 days, as was pointed out in a recent article at ICANNWATCH :
> http://www.icannwatch.org/articles/04/09/12/1956257.shtml
>
> In addition, the Registrars' mailing list appears to be unobtainable at:
>
> This list has always been available for viewing, so that members of the
> public and interested parties can keep abreast of DNS/governance issues from
> a registrars' perspective.
>
> I'm watching to see if this list is suffering a temporary downtime, or
> whether - like the GA mailing list archives for this mailing list here
> http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/ga/ , it has been disabled (in
> the interests of "openness and transparency").
>
> I am glad this thread is cc'd to Paul Twomey, ALAC and the ICANN Board,
> because I think it is reasonable to ask why the archives of this GA mailing
> list have been disabled, messages are not being posted on the ALAC forum,
> and now the Registrars mailing list appears also to have been disabled?
> Would anyone like to explain?
>
> Yrs,
>
> Richard Henderson

    Pierre Abelard