Re: [ga] Alac forum messages missing, GA-list archives missing, Registrars list archives missing

  • To: "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Paul Twomey" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Alac forum messages missing, GA-list archives missing, Registrars list archives missing
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:24:33 +0100
  • Cc: "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>, "icann board address" <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have waited 140 days for the ALAC forum to be re-activated, 149 days for
the GA mailing list archives to be restored, and a few days for the
Registrars list to be re-activated...

Then a few hours after Jeff Williams posting and my own, along with George
Kirikos's, I get the heads up from Thomas R saying: "This seems to have been
fixed by now -- at least, there's an archive at that URL, and it has a most
recent list from September 25.

This archive also looks like it's back alive."

But could ICANN explain why the GA list archives were disabled for 149 days,
and why repeated requests on this list were ignored? In short, why do these
things happen? Why does the organisation responsible for one of the world's
great resources operate like this, ignoring requests, seemingly so distant
and opaque in the way it operates.

Richard H