Re: [ga] NSI & Expired domain names -- violation of consensus deletions policy??

  • To: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] NSI & Expired domain names -- violation of consensus deletions policy??
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:09:14 +0100
  • Cc: <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, <icann@xxxxxxxxx>, <discuss-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Deletions Policy appears to be disintegrating. NSI seem to be bypassing
the consensus policy, and Tucows have also proposed to introduce a policy
which will dispose of deleting domain names before other registrars can be
involved.

What is the position of the ICANN Board on these developments?

Richard Henderson
(At Large)