Re: [ga] ALAC's graveyard forum/Now an online Play

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ALAC's graveyard forum/Now an online Play
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard,

You must have been reading my mail and tapping my phone. A good friend and I spent an hour going through ALAc publications and laughing our asses off. It is a SNL skit or a parody of individual representation. It is a story of a bunch of elitists playing self important games that claim one thing and do exactly another. The ironies could not be better scripted.
The Play is showing now at; http://www.alac.icann.org/
I promise it is a read worth every penny of the price of admission.
It comes complete with a starring cast of charactars that all qualify as turncoats and people without any integrity to people who at one time trusted them. The two leading charactars are Vittorio Bertola (icannatlarge-2003) and Ester Dyson (BOD-1999) with a subplot and romance as thick as molasses by Thomas Russler (GA benedict arnold) and Denise Michel (behind the scenes-Bruto)

The charactars all star in several spinnoff series that are equally hillarious. As with all such comedy though there is an underlying sadness. A pitiful reflection of man as he truly is with all his faults of greed and raw selfish ambition and disdain for those whom he thinks of as lessor than he.

Eric
Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
13 days ago I submitted a post to the ALAC "public" forum... it has not been published even though we are told "E-mail from the general public concerning ALAC activities is encouraged"...

... no mail has been published on the ALAC public forum for 135 days...

An analysis of the ALAC fora suggests they are almost dead... which is little surprise when you create an organisation for Individual Internet Users but do not allow Individual Internet Users themselves to vote and determine the shape and representatives of "their" organisation...

Forum: Domain Name Registration Issues: last post: 171 days

Forum: WHOIS: last post: 185 days ago

Forum: Spam: last post: 171 days ago

Forum: Internationalised Domain Names: last post: no post ever submitted

Forum: New TLDs: last post: 163 days ago

Forum: WIPO: last post: 135 days ago

Forum: Registry Service Changes: last post: 222 days ago

Forum: Verisign Redirections Policy: last post: 161 days ago

Forum: Miscellaneous Comments: last post: 236 days ago

Forum: At Large Organising: last post: 185 days ago

I think this demonstrates pretty clearly the lack of involvement of ordinary internet users, and the lack of credibility of ALAC.

Unfortunately ICANN does not understand that openness and democracy are the lifeblood of community, and that ICANN will only truely become representative when it allows representation?

If Individual Internet Users are denied the right to determine their own representatives, why should they take ALAC seriously? Particularly when ICANN has already demonstrated its disdain for democratic representation by expelling the democratically elected representatives of the At Large from the ICANN Board.

ALAC was invented by ICANN, who hired Denise Michel and co-opted Esther Dyson to get it started. They co-opted a handful of people, to try to massage it into life.

These silent forums illustrate that you cannot bring back to life something which was dead from the start.

Yrs,

Richard Henderson

----- Original Message ----- From: Richard Henderson