Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.

Thomas Roessler wrote:

Folks,

I feel that the ICANN community is currently lacking a place for
reasonable online discussion -- all there is is icannwatch and a
couple of blogs; the GA list seems mostly dead.  As an experiment,
I've set up a moderated mailing list named icann-people; please join
at <http://lists.does-not-exist.org/mailman/listinfo/icann-people>.

I'll run the list the autocratic way: No message is distributed
unless I, personally, believe it is appropriate, and reasonably
relevant to the ICANN community.  I'm specifically *not* doing this
wearing *any* hat but "too long-time ICANN participant."

When (if?) enough people have come together, I'll send an initial
posting to let subscribers know.

(As I said, this is an experiment. It may quite well fail.)

Why would people wish to waste time posting to a list where a single autocratic list-owner would probably reject or discard messages based on personal bias? The list would have no value to the community at large under those conditions. What gives any individual the reasonable authority to decide what is relevant to the ICANN community?

Good luck with your experimant, Thomas. I, for one, don't have time to waste, but I'm sure you'll have ICANN proponants and personal supporters join. It should be a nice, quiet personable list where people of like mind collude to exclude dissent and free thinking, not to mention free speech.

Regards,

Leah

-- Leah G. http://forums.delphiforums.com/atlargeorg http://forums.delphiforums.com/domainwatch