Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New mailing list: icann-people.
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 07:45:14 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thomas and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders,

  Thank you Thomas for considering others that are effectively blocked
or severely restricted in being active participants sense the GA list
was "Done away with" without it's participants and members measured
consent of any kind.  However as the ICANN BOD at that time
for reputation reasons did away with open and transparent
input and active participation by * disowning * the GA, I hope that
your new effort will be made and "official" forum for the real
stakeholders/users being currently effectively disenfranchised.

  BTW, I hope that the archives for your new forum here will
not be "Tampered with" as the DNSO/GNSO GA list forum's
have been on several occasions???

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I feel that the ICANN community is currently lacking a place for
> reasonable online discussion -- all there is is icannwatch and a
> couple of blogs; the GA list seems mostly dead.  As an experiment,
> I've set up a moderated mailing list named icann-people; please join
> at <http://lists.does-not-exist.org/mailman/listinfo/icann-people>.
>
> I'll run the list the autocratic way: No message is distributed
> unless I, personally, believe it is appropriate, and reasonably
> relevant to the ICANN community.  I'm specifically *not* doing this
> wearing *any* hat but "too long-time ICANN participant."
>
> When (if?) enough people have come together, I'll send an initial
> posting to let subscribers know.
>
> (As I said, this is an experiment.  It may quite well fail.)
> --
> Thomas Roessler                      <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx