[ga] Picking issues and platforms

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Picking issues and platforms
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Too often the folks around here don't keep their eye on the ball.  The ball generally is process around here. In Mexico it is "walk do not run". In Vietnam it is "go slow and sure". Like the rabbit and the hare.
Too many forget to think twice before they react.  Coming out against an Idea just because it was done or proposed by someone that has wronged them in the past.
We all let a little resentment and prejudice creep into our heads and that is what a good process will help to cure.
The IPs and Verisign and ICANN BoD have had their way for a longtime riding high above a process that has been in place for hundreds of years. And they continue to use the Ali ropa dope to sucker those against them into forgetting the process and raging without sure footing.
It would be nice to see the icannatlarge actually work through the slow tediuos process of building a credible constitution and process. But as long as Joop plays the game of "it is my ball and if you do not play by my rules I will take it home" mentality I do not see that occurring.
The ALAC and Lacnic groups are a process without genuiness. I find few credible individuals within those. That is not to say there are not good people there but the process of admitting them is so blatantly stacked in favor of nontransparent yet thinly veiled agendas they hurt themselves in the honor and credibility department.
The "News Groups" continue to do a good job but that is all they are.

Eric