Re: [ga] Independence Day

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Independence Day
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:52:49 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Yes indeed this is Independence Day! A glorious day indeed.  Yet we
still have among our fellow stakeholders/users/citizens of the globe
those
that have yet to understand what "Liberty" is and why it is so cherished

and necessary.  I believe many amongst the ICANN BoD and staff lack
the proper understanding of "Liberty".  And so we must continue to
fight,
congole, and educate them until they do or they must effectively
parish..

  Lincoln said very simply in his Gettysburg address, and before him,
John Paul Jones cried, "I have yet begun to fight"!  He knew what
liberty is, must be, and was willing and eagar to fight for.  We as
stakeholders/users/citizens at any or every turn also must take that
struggle upon ourselves, lest we loose our liberty.  Liberty to have our

own privacy without condition, liberty to express our views without
infringement or restriction, liberty to "Choose" our leaders freely,
liberty
make our own decisions for ourselves without infringement, and yes
liberty to defend our liberty unto death if necessary..

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    There is a childhood game here. You ask a young student who has
> just learned of our Fourth of July, Independence day and ask him if
> England has a fourth of July. Invariably they answer no.
>
> Time has healed wounds and lessons learned bring us greater
> understanding.
> On this day I always think of the Statute of Liberty. No not statue.
> The Constitution.
>
> Perhaps this would be the proper place and time to begin the work of
> building a constitution for the Internet. All of the proper
> Jeffersonian and or Marxist pieces are in place.
>
> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS