[ga] Independence Day

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Independence Day
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 07:53:58 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is a childhood game here. You ask a young student who has just learned of our Fourth of July, Independence day and ask him if England has a fourth of July. Invariably they answer no.

Time has healed wounds and lessons learned bring us greater understanding.
On this day I always think of the Statute of Liberty. No not statue. The Constitution.

Perhaps this would be the proper place and time to begin the work of building a constitution for the Internet. All of the proper Jeffersonian and or Marxist pieces are in place.

Eric