[ga] .Info whois Info?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] .Info whois Info?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:22:40 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very interesting the ICANN registration for .info.

http://www.afilias.info/cgi-bin/whois.cgi

In California we must have an agent for service of process.
C2121683 9/30/1998 active INTERNET CORPORATION FOR ASSIGNED NAMES AND NUMBERS C T CORPORATION SYSTEM

This is quite common and you can serve ICANN down off Wilshire 1 in Los Angeles.

But note the complete absence of a person whois responsible for technical problems or to chat on the phone.  Even though for the most part we treat corporations as individuals. I have yet to here of or meet a real soldier who died for his corporation.

Eric

ps is it whois or what is?