[ga] At Large

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] At Large
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So Jefsey's recent comments got me looking back at the atlarge concepts.
Where did they go? Are they still there in splintered community groups?
What is going on with Esters (or is it Madonna's) at large or in that case maybe "at small"?
Is the issuance or holding of a domain name still an issue of membership?
Are there any more whispers of atlarge elections?

Well they are still there but standing almost frozen in time.  There are no hot issues burning.  There is no hope. Apathy appears to be the only blood flowing. Kind of like dinosaur skeletons erected in a museum, held up by websites with no flesh.
In fact it is kind of eery going around and looking at them. Atlarge gambling groups far outnumber Internet atlarge groups on the net.
I got the feeling I was looking at evening newspapers in twenty years, gone but not yet forgotten.

I did note that Iraq was listed on the Asian atlarge site  http://atlarge.freewebpage.org/countries.htm

And that powergrabs and lack of money seems to be what caused this extinction.