[ga] dotIQ and the IQ of ICANN

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] dotIQ and the IQ of ICANN
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a very interesting site regarding Iraq.
http://www.occupationwatch.org/article.php?list=type&type=4

The reason for my interest is more in the process of openness and transparency and how the Internet can be used to assist us in this regard.  Clearly there are hidden agendas here but by illuminating us they tell us their viewpoint and by the mere force of dia or mono or multilogues the process becomes open and transparent and can become representative of the commoner.

I find what I would call the baseline for comparison very interesting. Before or after liberation?  Should our baseline for comparison be before or after ICANN, before or after a partial at-large board or before and after Postal? etc. etc.. You see comparisons are a good tool for understanding but often lead to warped statistics. If we compare an abject failure to a complete success it may help both but only if taken as grounds for improvement to an already clearly defined goal.
Eric