Re: [ga] ICANN to be shut down by RIAA?

  • To: "James S. Tyre" <jstyre@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN to be shut down by RIAA?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:47:14 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi James,

--- "James S. Tyre" <jstyre@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >http://ipc.dnso.icann.org/comments-archive/msg00005.html
> >http://ipc.dnso.icann.org/comments-archive/msg00004.html
>
> George, George, George, get your facts straight and stop being such a
> fearmonger.  '-)
>
> DeCSS is the province of DVDCCA and MPAA, not RIAA.  No one has any
> realistic fear of being sued by RIAA (as opposed to MPAA) on account
> of
> anything related to DeCSS.

Oops, mea culpa. MPAA is of course correct, lol. I need to put down my
CDs and pick up some DVDs instead...I'll split any DVDs that the MPAA
sends as a bounty with you 50:50, James. ;) It's too bad they're not
offering the same bounties that Microsoft offers...I would hate to end
up with ICANN's favourite DVDs as a prize...."Dumb and Dumber",
"Antitrust", and "Twelve Monkeys"...

While ICANN's updating their website, if they would post the annual
reports referenced in their agreement with VeriSign registry (Appendix
W), as discussed at: