Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Jack Gleason <JGleason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <NVICTORY@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Clyde Ensslin <censslin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:05:05 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Dan halloran <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andy and all former DNSO GA members or interested stakeholders/users,

Andy Gardner wrote:

> On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 08:28  PM, Don Brown wrote:
>
> > we all need to make ICANN a
> > political football which the legislature must handle for political
> > reasons.
> >
> Yup. So this is mainly something that US citizens need to be doing?
> Being that a USG don't appear to care what the rest of the world thinks
> about their invasion (sorry, "preemptive attack") of Iraq - why would
> they listen to me regarding ICANN?

 Making a comparison of the USG's actions in Iraq and ICANN
is far cry from a good comparison.  Yet I here/read your and
many other non USG stakeholders/users concerns regarding
ICANN and it's gross lack of legitimacy.  But none the less
as an individual stakeholder/user, you must not despair and
keep up voicing your perspectives and concerns...

 I am sure that the ICANN BoD and staff know full well
that the ALAC does not represent stakeholders/users
as it does not allow for individual stakeholder/users
to join, none the less vote, express their views
in an open and unencumbered manner on issues
or proposed policies that can or would effect them.

This is fundamentally wrong and shows the
shameful lengths ICANN is willing to go...

 ICANN is showing over and over again that a once
great president, Abraham Lincoln was quite right
when he said, "A divided house cannot stand"...

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801