Re: [ga] More on Sitefinder suspension

At 13:46 29/09/03, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
Any sign of active repression from ICANN? (Besides ICP-3, I mean.)

Dear Stephane,
I suggest you reread carefully ICP-3. ICP-3 calls for experimentations of the DNS evolution under precise conditions - non-profit, reversiblity, by the global community, not endagering the current operations.

Where I disagree with ICP-3 (possible end of the authoritative root) and Karl (multiple roots) and you (single authoritative root) is that the "root" is a directory of the interconnected networks. It was created 26 years ago by Robert Tréhin out of one simple need, as every directory: to report on reality. We had hard time to make people understand its interest.

What you try to defend is not the root - which is only a photography of reality (or actually only the final "dot"). What you try to defend are the NTIA Root Club Priviledges (as we had set the ISIS Club, then Telcos shared the ITU-T), because you claim that these priviledges are of help to everyone, so that respecting them is the best way to manage the network.

What I read is that ICANN does not claim these priviledges for ever, and has documented the way it would transfer it (ICP-3).

Different readings.
jfc