Re: [ga] More on Sitefinder suspension

Excuse me, Stephane, but you are badly mistaken when you say that
"there are additional TLDs but that most of them don't work".

The Registry business is a real industry with real businesses that employ
people and produce economic output. You insult all of the people in
the industry with your flippant remarks.

I will name just a small number of the many REAL TLDs with REAL servers and real registrants:

.AMERICA
.EARTH
.USA
.Z
.LION
.ETC
.NOT
.ONLINE
.COM2

The Inclusive Namespace even has two sophisticated shared registry systems POSSR and INRS (Inclusive Namespace Registry System)
and although they arent operated on 240 servers in 20 data centers around the world, they are scalable and can run circles around
OpenSRS
(I know, I singlehandedly developed INRS myself).

Millions of dollars have been spent on infrastructure for the Inclusive Namespace and more is on the way (can't talk about those
details
in public yet, but when it does become public it will be an earthquake that rocks the internet from one end to the other - in a good
way).

Its not just about duplicate "toy" roots. Its about providing an alternative to the strangehold that a corrupt monopoly has on the
internet.

The worst example is the UDRP which is forced on people who register under an ICANN TLD. If  ICANN were the only choice, then
you would not be able to get a domain without being forced under the opression of this hideous policy. The UDRP is nothing but a way
for rich intellectual property concerns to steal domains from poor people.

The internet is supposed to democratize things - to give everyone a voice, but those in power don't want that. They want to control
it
so that only they have that voice. The Inclusive Namespace provides an alternative that allows concerned citizens to route around
ICANN. ICANN was given its green light during the Clinton Administration with promises that it would be operated by an "open,
democratic process", but almost from its inception, it has done everything to shut out democracy and fold itself into a secret star
chamber. People have had enough and the smart ones realize that ICANN really has no power over them because EACH PERSON as an
individual user control the DNS resolver addresses that their computer uses. Millions of internet users do it on a daily basis.
That you can't see this is puzzling (or is is?).

The fight against ICANN tyranny is more than a fight about "one root" or "multiple roots". Its really a fight for the soul of the
Internet itself. Will the Internet remain a free and open space or will it end up like television, with a handful of voices allowed
speak while the other 6 billion or so human beings end up reduced to passive observers, absorbing all of the "gospel" from
"big brother" without question? That attitiude (of passive absorption) is what disgusts me most about my fellow countrypersons. They
have turned over their birthright (of freedom) to the politicians and big corporations. The internet may be a way for them to wake
up
to diverse opinions about the world.  Thats not what the power brokers want and ICANN is the first step in shutting down this
"dangerous free expression" that threatens their power base.

The DNS is one of the single chokepoints of an otherwise very robust system, designed by the military to withstand a nuclear
attack, whose same resiliency allows it to withstand attempts to censor it, except for one critical point - the DNS. Thats what
this is about - control of the internet, not control of the DNS.

Think about that a little before you criticize those who would try to protect the net. That is, unless you are an ICANN synchophant
planted to make the remarks you did..... I cannot tell which.

John Palmer