RE: [ga] Trailing Hyphen domains

  • To: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'George Kirikos'" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Trailing Hyphen domains
  • From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:42:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I remember when I registered all those trailing hyphen domains
> (http://www.icann.org/announcements/trailing-hyphens-07jan00.htm).
> VeriSign, at the time,  made all these claims of how they
> violated The RFC's
> and how such domains "broke" some programs such as some FTP clients.

Verisign is now returning a page for those trailing dash domains, btw.

You see, Russ, when you were atttempting to monetize traffic to domain names
which had a trailing hyphen, what you were doing was wrong.  Now that
Verisign is monetizing traffic to those domain names, it is okay.  You are
the "wrong kind of person".  Only the "right kind of people" are permitted
to make money using domain names that have a trailing hyphen.