[ga] Trailing Hyphen domains

  • To: "'George Kirikos'" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Trailing Hyphen domains
  • From: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx (admin)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:58:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>"We're not backing down, but we will work with others," said VeriSign
>spokesman Tom Galvin.

>will be made up of a half dozen Internet leaders to be announced later

I remember when I registered all those trailing hyphen domains
(http://www.icann.org/announcements/trailing-hyphens-07jan00.htm).
VeriSign, at the time,  made all these claims of how they violated The RFC's
and how such domains "broke" some programs such as some FTC clients.

Russ Smith
http://consumer.net