Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

It is a funny thing when I teach my citizenship classes here.
We have to go through our constitution and all of our amendments
and the proclamation of emancipation.
But what they all boil down to is a freedom of choice.
Our right to fail is perhaps our greatest right but is written nowhere.

The internet provides us with choices and voices. Unless a country can block
ecucation of its' people (ie women) or because of gross poverty or
totalitarian regimes (ie Tibet) then a ccTLD is just a mousetrap and they
who build the best one sells the most. And those who build lousy ones go out
of business.

Infrastructure is not just physical plants but a state of mind of a
community. Our Navajos in Northern Arizona communicate just fine by
generally only talking face to face.
Kicking out a ccTLD manager is strictly an act of governance. How the
government is run is a whole different matter.
Eric