Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant

  • To: cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:16:05 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Andrew and all,

  The problem(s) with voting is being able to do so via a
secret ballot.  List voting doesn't lend itself to doing that
successfully or confidently, but can be achieved with a bit
of work.  INEGroup has done it for instance.  So the
only question(s) remaining are if list voting, whom will
do the work to create a successful and confident secret
ballot, host and manage it securely? 2.) If a web based
voting product which one will be chosen, and whom will pay
for it let alone host it and manage it honestly and securely?
The last question remaining with voting, is will all ballots
be multilingual so that non-english primary language speekers
can fully functionally participate?

  Now back to the IDNO history or consideration.  The IDNO
originally was a good idea that went terribly badly due to
corruption and deceipt.  Hence it's unfortunate but necessary
demise. But it still could rise from the ashes of ill repute
with 'NEW' leadership, funding, and new accountable process.  A
tall order to be sure, but demonstrating that 'lessons learned'
are fully accomodated 'May' lead to a successful endevor.  No free
lunch though I would immagine as far as ICANN/GNSO are concerned,
and rightfully so.